31 August 2012

Grey Knight Terminators

It's taken me a few posts, but I suppose it's about time to show you some Grey Knight Terminators!!! The painted metal go by the same principles I used on the Contemptor Dreadnoughts & Inquisitor and the same blending was achieved on the Force Weapons too. There is a ton of detail on these models, but picking it all out in different colours can have the danger of making the models look too outlandish, especially when the client wanted a more muted, worn look. So for the most part this was just carefully painted to match the armour, representing engraved or moulded armour detail. A few of the models had some magnetising done just as a way of providing a bit of extra flexibility for the unit set ups depending on how the client decides to run a final list. In order to make sure that the force had enough Daemon Hammers I had to make some of my own. I initially tried a trick using "Instant Mold" but after some initial tests I decided that whilst I get used to the material I would instead convert some Hammers. A web-cookie for anyone who can identify the part I used to do this!

As you can see, each model was also given some basic Object Source lighting effects to represent a low glow from the eyes and lighting from the force weapons. I'll be back soon with some more detailed shots of some individual chaps so be sure to stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment